These are a quick but deeply satisfying snack. A great way to use all the zucchini from the garden. Or a perfect baked vegetable alternative to popcorn or potato chips.
2 medium Zucchini sliced thinly
¼ c. finely grated parmesan
¼ c. garlic and herb bread crumbs
2 tbl olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450°
1. Slice the zucchini and blot the extra moisture with paper towels
2. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat
3. Sprinkle with cheese, breadcrumbs, and any seasoning to taste
4. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and place slices in a single layer
5. Bake 25-30 min or until golden brown and crispy
Serve warm from the oven and experiment with different flavors of breadcrumbs and herbs. Cajun spices are very yummy if you like a little spice.
To make your own breadcrumbs:
1. Lightly butter or drizzle bread with olive oil and season to taste
2. Turn oven to broil and move rack to highest position
3. Place bread in single layer on backing sheet and toast in oven for 3-5 min
4. Remove and flip continue to toast under the oven broiler until golden brown
5. When cool place toast in a blender or food processor and pulse until ground to your desired coarseness
* Some flavors to try: garlic and onion, Cajun, Italian herb, lime, salt and pepper.